This quick start will have you working with WPLib within minutes.
We assume that you are:
- Experienced with and comfortable programming in PHP, and
- Familiar with installing, configuring and theming WordPress.
Note: WPLib currently only works on Mac and Linux.
If you would like to help us port it to Windows, we'll be happy to review and potentially accept a pull request.
WPLib is a base PHP library thats allow WordPress developers to build Application Plugins enabling more complex functionality than commonly used ad-hoc approaches.
In this Quick Start we will perform these steps (each step only about a minute):
- Install WPLib
- Create an Application
- Create a Theme Class
- Create a Simple Module
- Use the Simple Module in a Theme Template
- Create Post Type Modules
- Use the Post Type Module in a Theme Template
- Create a Scoped Template for Displaying One Post